The Big Sing performances take place at Chorley Town Hall in June every year. The event is led by Lancashire Music Hub’s Tim Uffindell supported by the Hub’s Singing Leader Emma Williams.
Schools can bring a Key Stage 2 class, year group or singing groups. Repertoire for The Chorley Big Sing is circulated digitally at the start of the year; complete with recordings, videos, teaching notes and the opportunity to attend support meetings for staff involved.
Schools each receive a workshop from the Tim in preparation for the big performance.
What your school will get as part of The Chorley Big Sing:
- The chance to perform alongside a brilliant live band in Chorley’s beautiful Town Hall.
- Bespoke musical resources; specially recorded tracks, detailed teaching notes and access to support meetings to assist your teachers
- A workshop in your school to help you in the learning of the songs
- A brilliant opportunity to network and connect with other schools in your area through the joy of singing.
- Two concert performances, both in June
Morning rehearsal on the day of your concert followed by a ticketed public performance on the afternoon.
|16th June 2020||Chorley Town Hall|
|18th June 2020||Chorley Town Hall|
- World Music
- Singing / Choir
- Key Stage 2: age 7-11