New Charanga Sing is a major development within the Musical School primary and special school programme and it replaces the existing Song Centre. As well as providing an additional 220 songs, Charanga Sing has an intuitive and easy-to-use search and browse facility which will save teachers lots of time.
Teachers can research songs in several ways:
- General – the song overview eg age suitability, difficulty, style, genre, topics / themes and more;
- Time and Place – period, calendar, countries, etc;
- By the singing itself – subject, performance options, vocal parts, musical features and more;
- The music eg time signature, musical feature, beats per bar and more.
- The new Charanga Sing on-screen app also includes a tempo control option so teachers can slow down songs without changing the pitch.
Everything about Charanga Sing has come from suggestions made by the community of users and is a great example of collaborative bottom-up development. Teachers can log on here to find out more about Charanga Sing here
To find out more about Charanga Musical School programme visit here
Charanga is a national organisation and the leading UK provider of cloud-based music education technology to support music teaching and learning. Working closely with the Hub, Charanga regularly develops new digital programmes to support the musical aims and ambitions of children and young people in Lancashire and the needs of music teachers, schools and Hub partners.