We’re recruiting young musicians to build a brand new ensemble made up of creative young musicians who want to share their music.
Working alongside NYJO musicians and tutors, you’ll have the chance to develop your ensemble, improvisation and arranging skills. There will also be the opportunity to will create an exciting, jazz-inspired, live performance to inspire the next generation and take part in a tour of schools in Summer 2024.
We’re recruiting.. Creative musicians playing any instrument (including voice and music tech) across all genres who are interested in improvisation and jazz influences and would like to work collaboratively to develop their skills and create a new ensemble.
You should be aged between 14 and 19, be taking your music seriously and be performing at an intermediate/advanced level.
What you’ll get out of it:
- The chance to collaborate with an inspiring team of tutors and like-minded musicians
- You’ll develop your improvisation and arrangement skills
- Leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Opportunities to perform at concerts and in schools and community spaces
- Being part of a high-profile project working with internationally renowned partners, NYJO
What’s the commitment:
We’re running sessions at St Michael’s High School, Chorley on the following Saturdays from 1pm – 3.30pm:
There will then be gigs during the summer term (avoiding exams).
How to sign up:
The workshops are offered free of charge. Please contact email@example.com if you need any further information.