Jazz ensembles inspire Maki to follow her dreams
Success Story: Hothouse Young Leaders
Delivered by More Music, this programme connects young people from different backgrounds and gives them responsibilities as musicleaders and producers. This increases their chances of success in the world as independent, motivated thinkers.
They develop skills and confidence that enable them to
- Create new music in response to commissions for events such as Holocaust Memorial Day
- Programme and manage the technical side of gigs and festival stages
- Lead bands on stage and on the street
- Devise and carried out youth consultation
- Participate in the governance of the organisation
They are also part of the Lancaster District Youth Arts Partnership – a powerful partnership with young people involved in a wide variety of projects working together to make events, festivals and gigs. 2013 featured events such as ‘Big Arts Week’ and ‘Rock the Square’ .
“YAP are bringing youth arts to the forefront of youth provision, working towards promoting the strategic development of excellent arts activities in the Lancaster District”.